From ridiculously lazy light switches to insanely dangerous light bulb fixtures, we count 10 of the dumbest home renovations and repairs ever.
10 – Light Switches
- What might seem like common sense to you and I, is actually a challenge for others to attempt the world’s stupidest home repairs.
- These light switches probably could have been solved with a standard dual-switch fitting, but no, that would be too obvious. Instead these crafty home renovators chose to just jam one switch on top of the other.
- Because for some crazy reason they thought this was an outstanding idea.
9 – Sofas
- These genius sofa repairs fall elegantly under the title of ‘redneck innovation’.
- Who needs a chair leg when you can easily replace it with an empty bottle of bourbon? And why buy a brand new sofa when you have an endless supply of duct tape to seal up your broken one? The people who tried to repair these pieces of furniture definitely shouldn’t give up their day jobs.
- It’s like the saying goes, when life gives you broken lemons, you duct tape those bad boys back together.
8 – Clocks
- While some of these renovations might have been done out of necessity, these clocks make literally no sense.
- Why anyone needs an old-school analogue clock on a wall in this day and age is beyond me, but why on earth did they go to such lengths to fix these broken clocks? Why didn’t they just replace them, or move them across slightly? It’s absolutely baffling.
- And this one, well, I have no words for this highly inappropriate children’s time piece.
7 – Kitchen Drawers
- I would’ve given anything to be in the room when somebody literally said, ‘hey, you know what’s a good idea? Drawers that can’t be opened.’
- It looks like children designed these kitchens. Actually, children probably wouldn’t have even been this stupid. Why? Why would anyone do this? Is it really that hard to install drawer handles properly?
- If this is your level of renovation expertise, then maybe it’s time to hire somebody who actually knows how kitchens or even life works.
6 – Faucets
- Being a plumber must be pretty hard work, but whoever installed these faucets must have skipped the class where they taught them how taps actually work.
- There’s almost no attempt to make the tap water land anywhere near the basin. I wonder whether the plumber intentionally made these taps unbelievably useless or whether he went, ‘yeah I don’t see any problem with this whatsoever’.
- Not to be rude, but we’ve sent human beings to the moon and you can’t even make water land into a damn drain.