From tasty meats to somebody’s dirty laundry we look at 10 weirdest things you can get from a vending machine.
10 – Lego,
- If you only thought cheap things came out of vending machines then I have some SHOCKING news for you.
- If you take a trip to Germany you’re sure to run into these Lego dispensers…and then instantly wonder why the hell they don’t have them in your country.
- Strangely enough the Lego vending machines only populate train stations around Germany. Maybe it’s distract kids away from the deadly train tracks. Lego! Now saving your child’s life!
9 – French Fries,
- Of all the things Aussies could have put into a vending machine, they decided that French Fries would be the best option.
- These miracles of technology have been seen in Australia since 1982 but were brought back to the internet’s eye when The Hot Chip Company created a new super robotic version.
- The new version will fry up chips in about 2 minutes…which is actually double the time that it took its 1980’s counterpart. Apparently frying potato technology hasn’t changed much in 30 years.
8 – Mashed Potatoes,
- If you can get deep fried potatoes from a robot then smashed up potatoes shouldn’t be that hard to imagine.
- This mashed potato dispenser found in Singaporean 7/11’s will give you a healthy serving mash and gravy for a buck.
- I can only guess that Potato and gravy is something that people crave at all hours of the day in Singapore or at least who ever designed this machine did. “Trust me guys kids will be lining up for it”.
7 – Gold,
- Tired of having to go digging in the dirt every single time you need to pay someone in pure gold?
- Then this is the vending machine for you. Appealing to…old timey prospectors I guess? This gold ATM will take your money and make it into sweet, sweet gold.
- Placed in locations like New York and Dubai, this is the vending for those people who frequently find themselves in a “gold rush”…man the advertising for this thing writes its self.
6 – Weed,
- I predict a future where fantastic automatons will distribute all your drug needs in a handy one stop shop.
- And Canada is one step there already. Them and places like Colorado who already have medical marijuana vending machines. But before you start planning your trip, you still need a prescription to access the machines in most places.
- But hey in 20 years you will probably be able to buy heroine from the corner store and people will laugh at the days where you could only get weed from the drug machines.
5 – BBQ,
- Now to something much less taboo but far more addictive than any illicit drug.
- Of course I’m talking delicious BBQ meats that now you too can get from a machine while walking home drunk at 3 AM….if you live in Japan. Kirin who are normally known for their beer are responsible for this glorious invention.
- While it may be lost among the literal millions of other vending machines in the land of the rising sun, I’d definitely be hunting this one down.