- From complaining about your last meal to rambling about Jesus and alien motherships we look at 15 creepiest last words from death row criminals.
15 – “I did not get my Spaghetti-Os, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this”,
- Ah the old last meal tradition, you spend years locked away fantasising about steak, lobster and Spaghetti-O’s.
- Sometimes you just can’t beat the taste of canned pasta…at least that was the key thing on Thomas Grasso’s mind when he was being lead to death and boy was he angry when the guards served him plain Spaghetti.
- Of course the reasonable thing to do with your last breath is complaining about your food…not apologising for strangling an old lady with her Christmas lights.
14 – “Go Raiders”,
- Well sports fans here’s some final words for you to follow, as long as you don’t mind following in the footsteps of convicted murderer.
- Robert Charles Comer was executed for murder and rape charges but apparently had a smile on his face the whole time he was lead to be executed with his final words to be about the important things in life.
- Comer was also on record as saying “death is not that damn bad”… well try telling that to the guy you killed Robert, I’m sure he feels the same way.
13 – “I was once asked by somebody, if there was any way sex offenders could be stopped. I said no. I was wrong.”,
- Well if you want advice on how to stop sex offenders then you must think like a sex offender.
- Or just take Westley Allan Dodd’s word for it. Dodd had been sexually abusing other children from the age of 13 and used his first hand insight and last words to tell us that the only way to stop child molesters is to lock them up and kill them.
- While some would be all for executing them, the creepiness about this is that Dodd really believed nothing would ever stop him from touching kiddies which is a chilling look inside a molester’s mind.
12 –“… the other joke is that I am not Patrick Bryan Knight and y’all can’t stop this execution now. Go ahead, I’m finished.”’
- Who doesn’t love a comedian at an execution, its one place that definitely needs a mood brightener?
- Patrick Bryan Knight had fancied himself quite the jokester, having a website while on death row called “dead man laughing” that was a kind of sweepstakes with the prize being you deciding what his last words were so long as it was a joke.
- Turns out Patrick didn’t choose any of the jokes submitted and decided to go for the “I’m an imposter” gag. Well at least he didn’t “why did the chicken cross the road” joke, then the death penalty would be deserved.
11 – “Let’s Do It!”,
- Someone being overly enthused about dying become a corporate trademark for your sneakers? Well there’s nothing weird about that at all.
- That’s right the ad agency that came up with the slogan “Just do it” was inspired by the murder Gary Gilmore’s last words which probably means you won’t be able to see a Nike ad without thinking about capital punishment.
- The again Gary was killed by firing squad. If he only had a pair of Nike’s on he could have out run the bullets to freedom.