From a Nazi war criminal to a murdering Muslim extremist, we count fifteen of the most wanted criminals who are still at large today!
15 – Alois Brunner,
- Alois Brunner was a Nazi war criminal and the personal assistant of Adolf ‘Rejected by Art School’ Hitler.
- The SS captain is responsible for sending more than 128,000 Jewish people to death camps during World War II and it’s believed he lived out the remainder of his days in Syria. Brunner completely avoided answering for his crimes, which is total bullshit; I can’t even stay hidden for ten minutes in a game of hide and seek.
- He was born in 1912, so is now presumed dead. However, no one knows for certain, and it’s possible he’s still kicking, enjoying life as a
14 – Yaser Abdel Said,
- Yaser Abdel Said is a fugitive on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List. An Islamic extremist living in Texas, he is wanted for the murder of his two teenaged daughters.
- Said was extremely controlling of his daughters and even went as far as to secretly videotape their activities to ensure their obedience. He believed his daughters had dishonoured their family by refusing to adhere to conservative Islamic behaviour and by having boyfriends.
- The girls had been regularly molested by their father growing up, and once told their grandmother before recanting their statements out of fear.
- In January 2008, Said lured his daughters into his taxi, shot them and vanished. The FBI believes he has returned to his home country of Egypt, or is still driving cabs somewhere in New York.
13 – Glen Stewart Godwin,
- This maniac was sentenced to life in prison in 1983 after stabbing his former friend twenty-six times in the chest. Talk about being a fucking overachiever.
- Godwin escaped California’s Folsom state prison in 1987 by cutting through a wire fence using a hacksaw that had been specially smuggled in for him. He subsequently fled to the most unoriginal criminal hideaway: Mexico, where he was arrested again – this time for drug trafficking.
- Godwin allegedly killed a fellow inmate while incarcerated at Puente Grande prison, then – astonishingly – escaped a second time. Godwin is presently still on the lam and is believed to living somewhere in Latin America. There are 100,000 big ones on offer for anyone with information.
12 – Alimzhan Tokhtakhounov,
- Alimzhan Tokhtakhounov is a Russian businessman, former sports-ball player and criminal with alleged ties to the Russian mob. Though he was born in Uzbekistan, his Asian appearance has earned him the faintly racist nickname ‘Taiwanchik’.
- According to the US government, Tokhtakhounov is the big cheese in an international Eurasian organised crime He’s been involved in vehicle theft, trafficking, and the illegal sale and distribution of arms – that’s guns, not appendages.
- He has also been accused of bribing figure skating judges during the 2002 Winter Olympics and fixing the results of multiple beauty pageant events. That’s right, we can no longer believe in the integrity of beauty pageants.
- Tokhtakhounov was captured in 2002, but released on a technicality. He has evaded recapture and has most likely returned to Russia.
11 – Eduardo Ravelo,
- Eduardo ‘Richolm’ Ravelo is a fugitive wanted on multiple charges related to organised crime. He’s also a leader in the Mexican American gang Barrio Azteca.
- Ravelo has been accused of just about every crime under the sun, including murder, racketeering, kidnapping and conspiracy to possess cocaine and marijuana. He also doesn’t return any of his library books.
- Ravelo and his boys are allegedly hitmen for a Mexican drug cartel. It’s believed Ravelo is hiding out across the border from El Paso, Texas. He may have even gotten plastic surgery to hide from authorities. This is what he’s believed to look like now.
- Something tells me I shouldn’t make any jokes about this guy … him being still out there and all.