From Ferris Bueller to boxing’s most charismatic promoter, we count eight celebrities who have killed people!
8 – Keith Moon,
- On the fourth of January 1970, The Who drummer Keith Moon got into trouble while attending the opening of British pub The Red Lion. Showing up with his cheuffer and entourage, Moon’s success angered the working class locals, who chased him outside later in the night.
- Moon’s driver Neil Boland attempted to pacify the angry skinheads and create a diversion so that Moon could leave, but Moon was a poor driver and sped out in fear, accidentally hitting and crushing Boland’s skull.
- The incident was ruled a tragic accident – because the old ‘chased by skinheads’ defence never fails – but Keith Moon was haunted by it for the rest of his life.
7 – Don King,
- ‘Llllleet’s get ready to murder!’
- Horrible black humour aside, Don King has committed murder on two separate occasions, but served less than four years in prison. King is famous in the boxing world for promoting massive fighters like Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman and Evander Holyfield.
- After dropping out of Kent State University, King ran an illegal bookmaking operation during which he shot Hillary Brown in the back. This was ruled a justifiable homicide, as Brown had been attempting to rob him.
- King was later convicted of second-degree murder for stomping Sam Garrett, an employee who owed him six hundred dollars, to death. For this he served less than four years in prison.
6 – Ted Kennedy,
- On July 19 1969, Senator Ted Kennedy was leaving a party when he drove his car off a bridge on Chappaquiddick, an island near Martha’s Vineyard.
- The car went into the water, and though Kennedy swam free, his passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, drowned in the overturned vehicle.
- The cowardly Kennedy fled the scene and waited nine hours before reporting the incident. He later pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident and received a two month jail sentence, which was suspended.
5 – Johnny Lewis,
- In 2012, Sons of Anarchy star Johnny Lewis suffered something of a mental breakdown. He broke into and ransacked the home of 81-year-old Catherine Davis and then killed her and her cat.
- Witnesses say they saw Lewis climb over a fence and assault a neighbour, then hop back over and return to the Davis house. He later fell from a roof and died.
- Although he had a history of drug use, autopsies revealed that Lewis had no drugs or alcohol in his system at the time of his death.