From punching to dog walking, we count 11 ridiculous Arcade games from all over the world.
11 – Inu no Osanpo,
- Do you wish you had a dog of your own? Maybe your landlord won’t let you have pets, or maybe your parents have said no to you a million and one times, or maybe Nintendogs just doesn’t cut it anymore, well this is the game for you.
- In English it translates to Dog Walking and that’s not an abstract term like Final Fantasy, the game is about giving you the authentic dog walking experience, without all the allergens.
- But seriously, I cannot even fathom why anyone would want to walk on a treadmill and pretend to walk a dog, it just doesn’t make any sense, but then again: Japan.
10 – Sonic Blast Heroes,
- Imagine a strength testing game except add in a bunch of weird rules and graphics and you have Sonic Blast Heroes.
- Basically it’s a boxing game except without dodging or blocking and if you go to Taito’s website they’re advertising a brand new version, except all they added was some safety features.
- But hey, how often do you get to punch a T-Rex in the face? Well reasonably often, but I guess the weirdness of what you’re punching makes it a little less dumb.
9 – Cow Milking Game,
- In this game you insert your coins, sit on a stool and milk some fake, but oddly realistic looking udders.
- I don’t really know how you get a high score, maybe it’s for speed? All I know is that this isn’t designed to teach you how to properly milk a cow, it’s designed to be a game for fun.
- I know when I think of fun, I think of gripping and tugging tubes of rubber under a hunk of fibreglass and metal, don’t you?
8 – Turnip Strength Tester,
- This one’s from Soviet era Russia, and it’s basically another strength testing game, except instead of hitting a punching bag, you pull on a lever, thing.
- Of course since it’s from a bygone era there’s no fancy graphics, or any graphics at all apart from a digital score display.
- The weirdest thing about this is that it’s based on an old Russian folk tale where a kid can’t pull a turnip out of the ground, and that’s why it’s called the Turnip Strength Tester.
7 – Amusement Washing Machine,
- So instead of shoving your clothes in the machine and forgetting about it for about an hour, this washing machine requires you to complete a game in order to get your clothes to clean.
- If you suck at the game you need to insert more coins, otherwise your clothes won’t be properly washed.
- I can see this being a fun thing to do in a laundromat, but honestly I’d rather just mess around on my phone and not risk the whole process take longer than it needs to.